Sunday, March 4, 2012

How Important Is BALANCE?




The picture above displays a very amazing act of balance. But when I say balance I am referring to balance in life and goal attaining.

        As I approach my vacation time, I am compelled to talk about balance as it pertains to life and reaching one's goals. Whether in the gym, in school, at work, in sports, or anything for that matter, balance is a necessary component to success. Shit, even breathing takes balance. Just try only inhaling to get all the oxygen you need without exhaling the carbon dioxide your body needs to release. Not going to happen.

        Now, I think it's very important that I touch upon the topic of balance, especially when I promote a motivational saying like "All we know is go". Not to mention, I run boot camp classes where I run around like a maniac yelling "Go, go, go, go, go...", "No quitting in here", "You get what you put in", and other such phrases that seem to suggest no resting allowed.

        The fact of the matter is, rest is just as important as work. It is truly half of the recipe to success. No more, no less. If you don't rest after working out hard you will see no results. Your muscles need to rest and heal to see growth.... But, do not be confused. This is not an out Troopers. You should not be resting while you are working. Definitely not in my class for sure. Give it all you have every time you workout.

        To be fair, I hold the same philosophy for fun. No holding back on the fun when it's play time. Just don't be counter productive in doing so. Meaning don't go eat a 600 calorie piece of cake because you had a kick ass workout that burned you about that same amount. That kind of balance will balance you into no change in your body. But you should indulge in fun that has no detriment to your goals. Just make sure you manage your time efficiently and leave time for work and play.


GO hard every damn day! GO for what you want in life! GO, GO, GO, GO, GO!!!

While you're at it, don't forget to GO party, GO on a date, and GO on vacation! "ALL WE KNOW IS GO" :-)



-Trooper Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment